- All reservations, changes or cancellations need to indicate quantity of persons (adults and children), check in/out date.
- Reservation department will receive the request and email a confirmation within 24 hours.
- All rooms are priced upon single and double occupancy. There will be a $15.00 plus tax per adult fee for each additional person.
- To guarantee a reservation of four rooms or more a three night minimum is required as well as a 50% deposit of entire stay.
- At check-in, a credit card number will need to be held for incidental charges.
- Check in/out hours: Check-in at 4pm. Check-out at 12 pm. We strive to have the rooms ready earlier if possible. If you arrive earlier in the day and your room is not ready, Hotel Poseidon will store your luggage until the room is available.
- We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, Dinners Club.
Reservation Policy and Cancellation Terms: To guarantee your reservation, the first night will be charged to your credit card. This is non-refundable if canceled. Cancellations made 10 days or less prior to the day of arrival will have the credit card charged the remaining 50% of the reserved stay. NO SHOWS will be charged 100% of the reserved stay. If you have problems during travels to Jaco, please call or email us as you will still be charged as a No Show unless you contact us.
Christmas and New Years Weeks: During this time we have a three night minimum. To guarantee your reservation, the first night will be charged to your credit card. This is non-refundable if canceled. 30 days prior to your arrival your credit card will be charged the remaining 50% of the reserved stay. This is also non-refundable if canceled. NO SHOWS will be charged 100% of the reserved stay.
We cannot guarantee special requests for rooms, but will do our best to accommodate them.
Impossibility of Performance
It is agreed that Hotel Poseidon will be relieved of its obligations in the even of acts of God, fire, flood, strike, and order of government authorities or any reasonable circumstances beyond its control. I hereby agree to the terms and policies outlined above.
Hotel Poseidon is located smack-dab-in-the-middle of Jaco, so guests at the Hotel Poseidon DO NOT need a car. Shopping, bars, casinos, restaurants, grocery stores and the beach are all within very close walking distance. And if they are farther away than you want to walk, taxis are very easy to catch and very inexpensive. Most places around Jaco will only cost you about $2-3 each way.
If you do however wish to have a car, please be advised of the following options for parking your car:
Street Parking is FREE, but sometimes hard to find really close to the hotel and is not always secure. Many people do park on the street and never have problems with theft. But if you park on the street, make sure you take out ALL valuables and anything that may look appealing to thieves. And if you can move your car to a spot directly in front of the hotel, our guard at night will help deter any problems from happening to the car. We cannot guarantee the safety of your car on the street, but parking in front of the hotel before you go to sleep at night is one suggestion we can make.
Local Family’s Parking Area Across from Poseidon – 5,000 colones per night (about $10), This is an area owned by a local family who lives across from the hotel and has a large parking area in front of their house. They allow people to park in their spaces and it’s a secure parking area. You can come and go from this lot all day up until 10pm. Then from 10pm-7am the gates are locked and you cannot get to your car during these hours. If you have an early checkout or an early surf session, please let them know the night before and they can arrange to open the gates earlier. Parking fee will be paid directly to this family and not to the Hotel Poseidon.
Private Parqueo El Paso Parking Lot Across from Poseidon – 700 colones per hour (about $1.35 per hour or about $32.40 for 24 hours.) This is a private lot which has cameras and a security guard there from 7am-10pm. But just as with the other lot, they close and lock the gates from 10pm-7am and will NOT open them until they open up again at 7am. Parking fee will be paid directly to the parking attendant and not to the Hotel Poseidon.